Since 2003 CRCSI has conducted key research for its partners, commercialised intellectual property, generated spin-off companies, brought industry sectors together, produced numerous PhDs and helped galvanise the Australian spatial information community.
CRCSI brings together Australia’s leading university researchers and federal and state agencies responsible for generating and providing much of the nation’s spatial information data, with the commercial capabilities of the leading Australian companies in this emerging industry.
The user-driven CRCSI forms strong partnerships to address opportunities in ways not available to individual participants.
- Intellectual Property access for commercialisation and internal business improvement
- Networking across the technical and business spectrum
- Funding for R&D and business improvement
- Access to experts in markets and technologies
- R&D teams tailoring projects to business needs
- Early awareness of emerging technologies
- A brokerage service for public-private partnerships
- New markets and international relationships opened up and supported
- Up-skilling opportunities for employees – access to scholarships, short courses, workshops
- Facilitated access to innovation, seed funding and venture capital
- Tender opportunities on CRCSI projects
- Invitation to the highly valued, internal only, CRCSI Conferences
Benefits and Obligations
Review the information about the benefits and obligations of participating in the CRCSI.