2 August 2012
NSW Science and Engineering Awards 2012
Nominations for the 2012 NSW Science and Engineering Awards are now open.
The awards aim to engage and involve the NSW research community and the public in promoting the value of science and engineering and to encourage careers in both fields.
Scientists, engineers and teachers are encouraged to read the guidelines and nominate for the awards.
NSW Scientist of the Year
The prestigious NSW Scientist of the Year prize will be awarded to an outstanding individual who has made a significant contribution to the advancement of science and/or engineering that benefits or has the potential to benefit our community.
The 2012 NSW Scientist of the Year will receive $55,00 in prize money and a trophy.
Eight categories in this year's awards
This year, the awards cover eight categories with a trophy and $5,000 in prize money awarded to individuals in each category.
The eight award categories for 2012 are:
1. Excellence in Mathematics, Earth Sciences, Chemistry and Physics
2. Excellence in Biological Sciences (Human and Animal Health)
3. Excellence in Biological Sciences (Plant, Agriculture and Environment)
4. Excellence in Engineering and Information and Communications Technologies
5. Emerging Research
6. Renewable Energy Innovation
7. Innovation in Public Sector Sciences and Engineering
8. Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education
The awards will be presented on 14 November 2012.