29 June 2012
DIISRTE forum: National Research Investment Plan
The Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE) is holding an open discussion forum for the research and industry sectors on the development of a National Research Investment Plan. The forum is comprised of a roadshow of meetings in each state.
The National Research Investment Plan will consider, among other things:
- an overview of the location and capabilities of Australia's excellent researchers and innovators;
- areas of world class collaborative research activities;
- areas of demand by industry, government and other end users; and
- future priorities for major strategic research investments.
It will consider , at the system level, priorities for investment through two lenses:
- the key policy challenges for Australia over the next decade and the priority areas for research investment to provide assistance in addressing these challenges; and
- the investments required to sustain an effective research system.
The WA meeting will be chaired by Professor Lyn Beazley, Chief Scientist of Western Australia and will take place on Friday 20 July, from 9.30am - 12.30pm.
Please contact ARCom Secretariat, Science Policy Branch email@example.com or on 61 2 6213 7253 for details of meetings in other states.