17 November 2015
Advanced Remote Sensing Summer School
In conjunction with the German Aerospace Center (DLR), Environmental Systems & Services (ES&S), and the Digital Radar & Radio Systems, School of Engineering & Mathematical Sciences, La Trobe University will be hosting an international summer school in the area of remote sensing technologies. Leading experts from the DLR will deliver the course over four days.
The summer school runs from Monday 1 February – Thursday 4 February 2016 at La Trobe University, Kingsbury Drive, Bundoora, Victoria.
Designed for early career industry professionals and students, the workshop highlights are:
- Receive personal training from and exposure to world leading experts of the DLR
- Receive lecture notes to complement course
- Introduction in developing image processing algorithms
- GIS products and applications
- Airborne and space based remote sensing platform technology
- Space system engineering
- Thermal and LiDar applications for airborne systems
- Commercial and defence surveillance capabilities
- Application for fire monitoring and detection from UAV to satellite.
- Satellites, orbits, tracking, configuration and control
- Opportunities for future involvement in R&D.
Online bookings can be made through this link: La Trobe One Stop Secure Online Booking.