Earth Observation: Data, Processing and Applications is an Australian Earth Observation (EO) community undertaking to describe EO data, processing and applications in an Australian context and includes a wide range of local case studies to demonstrate Australia’s increasing usage of EO data.
This series will be published across three volumes and aims to consolidate EO teaching resources in Australia and encourage a greater number of tertiary courses involving EO in Australia.
- Volume 1: Data
- Volume 2: Processing
- Volume 3: Applications
The publication of this work has been jointly sponsored by the following organisations:
- Cooperative Research Centre for Spatial Information (CRCSI)
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Geoscience Australia (GA)
- Bushfire and Natural Hazards Cooperative Research Centre (BNHCRC).
Volume 1: DATA
Volume 1A introduces the scientific foundations of EO and describes the basics of data acquisition in terms of energy sources, platforms and sensors. Volume 1B details image characteristics, EMR interactions, and image interpretation and usage. Appendices collate relevant data sources and provide further information on photographic products and reflectance measurement.
Volume 1 is available to download as two PDF files:
- Volume 1A: Basics and Acquisition (plus Appendices); and
- Volume 1B: Image Interpretation.
To access these open source publications, please complete the following form: