Director ACT-NSW Business, Research & International Relations
Dr Zaffar Sadiq Mohamed-Ghouse
CRC for Spatial Information
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT 2609
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601, Australia
+61 2 6249 9769
+61 415 294 388
Dr Zaffar Sadiq Mohamed-Ghouse is the Director ACT-NSW Business, Research & International Relations.
Zaffar first came to the CRCSI in 2005 as a PhD student, which led to his membership of the Program Management Group, Geo-visualisation of Health; Industry supervisor for two PhD students in Program 3 – Spatial Infrastructures; and recently as Honorary Advisor Industry Liaison (International).
With 19 years experience, Zaffar has worked across client management, business development, project management, consulting studies, design, development and management of spatial databases. He has experience in reviewing data framework policies, developing spatial analyses techniques and technology including GIS applications development for major clients in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Indonesia and India.
Zaffar has published research papers at international and national levels focusing on GIS applications to support such areas as: spatial data infrastructure, data quality, groundwater management, water resources, rural administration, asset management, field data capture, public health management and disaster management. He is a member of several boards and technical committees in Australia and overseas and holds the following positions:
- Chair & Convenor Locate Conference & International Symposium on Digital Earth 2017
- Board of Director – Surveying Spatial Sciences Institute, Australia
- Board of Director – Open Digital Earth Foundation
- Board of Director – Locate Conferences
- Editorial Board – International Journal for 3D Information Modelling
- Member of the Executive Bureau & Council, International Society of Digital Earth
- Member, Technical Advisory Group, FSDF, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Australia
- Member, Location Leadership Group, NSW Government
Zaffar is an Australian representative on the ISO Technical Committee 211, Geographic Information and Geomatics. He is also a recipient of the “Young Professional Award” by the Surveying Spatial Sciences Institute, Australia. Zaffar holds an Honorary Senior Fellow appointment at the Department of Infrastructure Engineering, The University of Melbourne, Australia.