Health Geocoding Evaluation (4.43)
This is a project to scope the research challenges of geocoding health records, as a precursor to a more substantial research effort.
The team are evaluating the benefits and challenges of current geocoding solutions within the WA Department of Health .
The team is using longitudinal health residential address information to review existing geocoding software engines. The evaluation will be used to inform best practice guidelines for Australian health agencies and researchers.
- Geocoding systems installed
- All combinations of software, data, reference files run and compared
- Analysis by time and spatial distance complete
- Inspection of differences undertaken
- Clerical review complete
- Technical report to WA Dept of Health in progress
Geocoded Health Data uncertainty
Geocoding health records is a high priority for the CRCSI Health Program Board
Curtin University - DoH WA - Landgate - Critchlow